- How many calories does walking burn?
- What’s the best food for hiking?
- What is average walking speed?
- What are the benefits of hiking?
- What is Nordic walking?
- What is hill walking?
- What’s the difference between hiking and mountain climbing?
- How much water should I take on a day hike?
- Does walking build muscle?
- What trousers should I wear for hiking?
- What are hiking pants?
- What are the best trousers for 3 Peaks?
- What is base layer clothing?
- How do base layers work?
- How do you layer clothes for skiing?
- Do baselayers work?
- Should thermal base layers be skin tight?
- How do base layer leggings work?
- What is IsoTherm?
- Can I wear viscose as a base layer?
- What makes merino wool an effective winter base layer?
- What is a bamboo base layer?
- Bamboo clothing, is it any good?
Hiking Boots & Shoes
- What are walking boots for?
- How does a hiking boot differ to a walking boot?
- What does a 3 season boot mean?
- What are 4 season boots?
- What are backpacking boots?
- How breathable are waterproof walking boots?
- What size walking boots?
- How much room should feet have in walking boots?
- My boots are waterproof, why are my feet wet?
- Can I wear hiking boots in snow?
- Can I walk in wet grass in my walking boots or shoes?
- Are wellies good to hike in?
- Are hiking boots or shoes better?
- What is IsoGrip?
- Can I wear leather boots in the rain?
- How often should I replace my walking boots?
- How long should hiking boots last?
- Why do kids hiking boots not give as much ankle support as adults?
- Dubbin vs Shoe Polish- which is best?
- Can you apply dubbin to nubuck leather?
- How can I soften up new boots?
- What are the best road walking shoes?
- Can I wear mountain boots for walking on tarmac?
- My walking shoes are breathable, why are my socks wet?
- Hiking boots vs Train Running Shoes- which is best?
Rucksacks & Bags
- Why are rucksacks measured in litres?
- What size rucksack do I need for a day walk?
- What is the best rucksack for hiking?
- How big is a 10l rucksack?
- How big is a 20l rucksack?
- How big is a 30l backpack?
- What is a dry bag?
- What is a compression bag?
- What’s the best rucksack for DofE?
- What’s the difference between a dry bag, dry liner and a rucksack cover?
- Why do hikers use walking sticks?
- Do I need trekking poles?
- How long should hiking poles be?
- What are the benefits of anti-shock walking poles?
- How can I fasten walking poles to backpack?
- What are gaiters?
- How do I wear ankle gaiters?
- How do you know if gaiters are compatible with boots?