Assistant Buyer for Womenswear
We are an outdoor clothing and equipment retailer located in Central London. We currently have over 200 stores and have an aggressive expansion plan for the future. We manufacture our own brands in Europe and the far east.
We are looking for a passionate, hands-on, multi talented individual who will grow with the company and add value to our team. The position is permanent and there is strong career progression for the right candidate. Must have previous Assistant Buyer experience.
Offer full support to the buyer.
Fully manage the critical path for your departments.
Must able to understand and analyse reports and then make recommendations based on figures, common sense and experience, therefore must be incredibly numerate and analytical.
Strive to be commercial as will be assisting the buyer with business critical decisions.
Work with your buyer to maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
Be involved with the seasonal range plans to the management team that reflect company goals and ambitions, in order to gain approval for the range.
Be aware of competitors and help to try and keep MW the best value on the high street.
Offer suggestions on the type and quantity of product for the department given the budgeted OTB.
Place orders over 2 main seasons A/W and S/S. All orders to be signed off by Buyer and Buying Director.
Good interpersonal skills – able to build and manage relationships with colleagues and suppliers, communication is key at all times.
Reports to be constructed and presented to your buyer, therefore must have very good IT skills most importantly in Excel.
Keep up to date and be aware of market trends, react to changes in demand.
Fully understand customer needs and demands (e.g. price, quality, availability).
Attend fit meetings with QC and models, making suggestions on fit, styling, trims etc.., as well as signing off samples.
Time management and being able to prioritise as this is a never-ending job and there will always be more to be done
Someone ambitious who is looking to grow with the company and always striving for improvements in all aspects of the business, is innovative and forward thinking.
- Assisting in seasonal range plan development - analysing customer buying patterns, forecasting sales and predicting future trends, presenting findings in reports and presentations in a clear and logical format, this will include ratio calculations for size and colour;
- Assisting in regularly reviewing stock, sales and orders and react with necessary urgency to ensure sales, stock & profit targets are achieved;
- Working closely with your buyer and merchandising in controlling stock levels, moving stock and making sure best selling stock is always available, as well as overseeing the administration of the stock management systems;
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed;
- Participating in promotional activities, helping the buying and merchandising team to identify slow moving stock, suggesting marks downs or promotions, as well as coordinating promotions and clearance events in store;
- Liaising with shop personnel to ensure product supply meets demand, as well as working with merchandising to set and maintain optimum stock levels;
- Seeking product feedback from customers and staff;
- Creating style books for products, identify when to update trim labels, fabrications and packaging , and liaise with graphic designer to ensure a consistent brand image;
- Managing the critical path, monitoring all orders from initial product development through to delivery, ensuring the smooth running of the development process, maintaining delivery schedules and key deadlines throughout;
- Managing sample process ensuring all designs and fabrications are executed correctly, meeting brand requirements;
- Working alongside QC when creating style books so that correct specs and CAD’s are received,
- Lab dip and trim approvals and feeding back to suppliers, after collecting fit and quality info from QC.
- Liaising with supplier, QC and accounts to ensure all documents and invoices are received and signed off prior to delivery;
- Liaising with the Web team for samples and photography, escalated customer queries, and product placement on the site.
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Signing off invoices and shipping documents.
- Approving PTS, for shipments.
- Administration of stock management systems.
- Liaising with merchandising and warehouse to ensure smooth delivery each week.
Must have relevant experience in assistant buying role (doesn’t have to be the same product type) within a retail chain. Outdoor clothing, equipment, footwear and accessories experience is advantageous.
Hours 9-5.30 Monday – Friday
Due to the volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications to be sent to Avril.Moran@mountainwarehouse.com