Filtered by:
Inside The Outdoors

Beth Tweddle Q&A

30.07.2015 | Charity Challenge Competition

ANDERSON-TWEDDLE 114In the lead up to the launch of this year’s Charity Challenge, we caught up with Britain’s best ever gymnast and our competition ambassador, Beth Tweddle.

Q.1. Tell us about your bucket list! How’s it going so far?

Since I’ve retired from gymnastics, I’ve found that I can do a lot more as when I was training I was worried about getting injured, so I’ve created a small bucket list but it still keeps on growing! Sky diving, wing-walking, skiing were all on it and have now been done, but I still want to do bungee jumping, a reverse bungee jump, white water rafting, rally car driving… there’s loads on there!

If anyone’s got any ideas, feel free to send them to me!

Q. 2. What advice would you give to anyone taking on a charity challenge this year?

If you’re taking on a charity challenge, make sure you choose a charity close to your heart because it will mean a lot more to you. As soon as you’re finding it hard in training, you’ll remember why you’re doing it and will really give you the motivation you need to finish.

Q.3. What are your top training tips?

My top training tips are: make sure you choose something you really enjoy. If you enjoy it, you’re more likely to give it 100%. Also, take a friend with you! It’s more enjoyable if you’ve got someone alongside you.

An important one to remember is anything is possible. Sometimes, it can be a long, hard journey, but it’s definitely worth it when you achieve that goal and when you complete it, you’ll only remember the good times.