Mountain Warehouse Limited is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
This policy statement regarding customer and online user information applies to Mountain Warehouse Limited and its worldwide subsidiaries (“Mountain Warehouse,” “we” or “our”).
This policy does not apply to the websites of any Business Partners or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection regulations, Mountain Warehouse Limited is the “data controller” of your information and our registration number with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is Z7037144.
This policy outlines how we collect and use your information.
We have provided this policy statement to help you understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit our website or otherwise communicate with us, for example by phone or in writing by mail or e-mail. We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use your personal information.
At Mountain Warehouse we treat customers’ personal information and details extremely seriously. We will only use the information we collect about you in accordance with Privacy Law (i.e. for the EU, The General Data Protection Regulation and relevant in country secondary Privacy Legislation) with the primary purpose of making your shopping experience as enjoyable and easy as possible.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
How Long We Retain Your Information
Who We Share Your Personal Information with
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, we do need to share your data with certain establishments that we work with to provide the service and shopping experience that you are used to, such as:
- Companies that make sure your order is completed and arrives at your door, such as payment service providers, our warehouses, order fulfilment, order packers, franking machine providers and courier delivery companies.
- Marketing agencies and affiliate programme providers.
- Suppliers that are printers, email service providers, customer service support providers, personalisation, data cleansing providers and media partners.
- Police and other law enforcement agencies.
- Tax authorities, sales tax information providers and tax compliance advisers
- Marketplaces where you can place an order.
Examples of these establishments are:
- Torque, Online Distribution NZ, NLS.
- Dot Digital, Mimecast, 8X8, Zendesk, Appamondo, Mirakl
- Hermes, TNT, FedEx, Royal Mail, DHL, Collect+, Canada Post
- Sorted, WN Direct, Newgistics, Aramex, Rebound, Spring, ASDA
- Pindar, DPS, Jamm, Jarius, Quad.
- HMRC, TaxJar, KPMG, Avalara.
- Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Rakuten, Affiliate Window, Effiliation, Sitespect, Rokt, Mention Me
- Sub2, BounceX, Fresh Address, REad Group, Marin, Connextity
- Amazon, eBay, C-Discount, TradeMe, Allegro, Catch!
Additionally, we may disclose your personal information:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets or are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
International Transfers: We may transfer your personal information to our subsidiaries or third-party suppliers, delegates or agents which may be situated outside of the United Kingdom if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement such as administering Membership Cards/Discount Cards.
This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area (EEA) if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country.
We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where either:
(a) the transfer is to a country which the EU Commission has decided ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal information, or
(b) we have put in place our own measures to ensure adequate security as required by data protection law. These measures include ensuring that your personal information is kept safe by carrying out strict security checks on our overseas partners and suppliers, backed by strong contractual undertakings approved by the relevant regulators, such as the EU Model Clauses, or
(c) the transfer meets one of the requirements under Article 49 of the UK GDPR.
Privacy of Children and Special Categories of Personal data: We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly obtain any Special categories of personal data about our customers, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs. We regularly cleanse our data and would remove anyone flagged as deceased from receiving any marketing communications from us.
If we are made aware that we have received information from anyone under the age of 16 or entailing special categories of personal data in violation of this policy statement, we will immediately ensure that they do not receive marketing communications from us and will take steps to remove them from our database.
Legal Basis of Processing
Your EU Data Protection Rights
To exercise your rights, or if have any concerns or you want to know more about how Mountain Warehouse collects, stores and processes your personal data, please contact us via email at [email protected] or via post at;
ATTN: Privacy Team
5 Eccleston Street,
London, United Kingdom,
ATTN: Privacy Team