Personal information that we collect about you and why
- Information that you enter when registering an account, placing an order online or requesting an e-receipt in store. We require your postal address to deliver your order, e-mail address to send your order and despatch confirmation as well as promotional emails if you have requested them, password, telephone number in case we have any issues with your order, financial and credit card information to take payment and your name, so we know what to call you.
- Details of your past transactions so you can get a refund or replacement if necessary and to show you products that we think you will be interested in.
- You might need to get in touch with us via email or phone and we will likely log a record of this.
- Your answers to our post purchase survey to give informative recommendations online and continually make improvements to our products and service
- Your device and browser information, the route you took to land on our website as well as website data such as page views, length of visit and clicks. This helps us optimise your shopping experience with us and ensure our functionality is working.
Updating your preference and your right for erasure
We will keep a log of all customer data relating to a purchase; we have a lawful basis to keep this personal data to protect our customers in the event of a product recall. You have the right to change your preferences at any time. You can elect to opt out of marketing emails via the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every marketing email or by contacting our customer services team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (02038287700). Please note that is can take up to 24 hours to be removed from our list therefore you may be selected for one final email before removal. You can also opt out of receiving catalogues by contacting customer services via email or phone. Our catalogue has a long lead time, so you may receive one more mailing before removal up to one month after opting out.
You also have the right to access information held about you and may ask for the information to be amended or deleted. For this please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org The Data Protection Officer will be made available to investigate your complaint and give you information about how it will be handled.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have resolved your complaint, you may wish to make a complaint about the way we are managing your data you can contact the national data protection authority of your country; Within Canada, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. http://priv.gc.ca/
Receiving Mountain Warehouse Updates
We will email you marketing updates and promotions if you were receiving them prior to May 2018 and have not unsubscribed under legitimate interest. We will only email you if you have shopped or opened an email from us within the last 9 months.
Who we share your personal information with
We will never (ever) sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, we do need to share your data with a number of companies that we work with to provide the service and shopping experience that you are used to. See examples of said companies below:
- Companies that make sure your order is completed and arrives at your door, such as payment service providers, our warehouse, order packers and delivery companies
- Marketing agencies and suppliers, such as printers, email service providers, data cleansing providers and media partners.
- Fraud prevention agencies & law enforcement so we can manage fraud
- Marketplace sellers where you can place an order such as Amazon
For a full list of the third parties we work with please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com
Privacy of children and sensitive information
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly obtain any Sensitive Personal Data about our customers, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs. We regularly cleanse our data and would remove anyone flagged as deceased from receiving any marketing communications from us.