1. Contest open to all individuals in the UK, Canada, US, Poland and Germany. Aged 18 and over, except employees of Mountain Warehouse and Groundspeak, Inc. DBA Geocaching (“Geocaching”).
2. Junior Contestants under the age of 18 can enter under the supervision of Parental or Guardian consent.
3. The entry period opens Tuesday 13th June 2017 and closes at midnight Friday 1st September 2017.
4. To be eligible to win, entrants must locate one of three Mountain Warehouse animal trackables either by collecting from selected Mountain Warehouse stores or searching on mountainwarehouse.com/geocaching, take a photo with it on a geocaching adventure and share on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using #MWGeoTrail and #contest. Once the photo has been taken and entrants have located a cache, contestants can exchange nick-knacks, log their find, but must leave their animal trackable in the cache so it can continue its journey.
5. The image must be your original work and you must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images submitted. Mountain Warehouse and Geocaching will not accept liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
5.1 Entrants confirm that any individual whose image is featured in their entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5.2 All images entered are subject to approval from the Mountain Warehouse web team. Images containing offensive material and nudity will not be approved. Images off-topic will not be approved. Mountain Warehouse’s decision on including images on the website is final. No debate will be entered into regarding approving images.
5.3 By entering your images, you grant Mountain Warehouse and Geocaching the non-exclusive right to use these on Mountainwarehouse.com and all their respective social media channels. The winner consents to the use of their image, story, and name in publicity and editorial surrounding the competition by Mountain Warehouse and third parties, including Geocaching, which can be featured on marketing materials and published on all online channels.
6. Mountain Warehouse and Geocaching are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries. Mountain Warehouse and Geocaching will not be held responsible for technical or internet connection issues that prevent entries being sent.
7. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the following criteria 1) Use of the Mountain Warehouse animal trackable, 2) Creativity, 3) How it captures the adventure element of the competition. Mountain Warehouse’s decision relating to the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prizes comprise of: 2 flights up to the allowance of £2,750 for one winner. A family day out for four up to the allowance of £500 and 6 runner up winners who will win Mountain Warehouse kit up to the value of the below currencies (excluding VAT)
UK – £100
Germany, Republic of Ireland, Austria – 115 Euro
Poland – 485 zl
Canada – $170
US – $130
8.1 Mountain Warehouse will provide the service of booking flights and family activity day out excluding travel costs.
8.2 Any costs incurred above the stated amount will be the responsibility of the winner.
8.3 Mountain Warehouse reserves the right to recommend travel to certain locations or refuse bookings based on concerns with health and safety or other factors.
8.4 The winner and their chosen guest must both have a valid machine readable passport with minimum 6 month validity beyond the return date, with at least 2 unstamped pages and a visa (if applicable).
8.5 Travel is available for one year after the winner is notified (subject to availability) but excludes Christmas and New Year (20th December 2017- 4th January 2018), and Bank Holiday periods. Once booked, the booking cannot be amended.
8.6 All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
8.7 The prize winner must provide 6 weeks’ notice before preferred departure date.
8.8 Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and there is no cash alternative.
8.9 At least one party travelling must be 18 years of age or older. Winners under the age of 16 must provide written parental consent to travel unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
8.10 Terms and conditions of the carriers apply.
9. Winners will be notified via the social media channel through which they entered, on the week commencing Monday 4th September 2017. The name and county of the winner can be provided on request by sending a SAE to- Mountain Warehouse GeoTrail Competition, Mountain Warehouse, 5 Eccleston Street, London SW1W 9LX.
10. If winner has not responded within 28 days of notification, or in the event of noncompliance of these terms & conditions, Mountain Warehouse reserves the right to choose an alternative winner.
11. Entrants must undertake the geocaching activity at their own risk, ensuring adequate health and safety measures are taken and appropriate insurance cover is in place.
Entrants can enter as many times as they like throughout the contest. However, this will not increase chances of winning. The winner will be judged solely on image criteria outlined in point (5) of these terms & conditions. By entering this competition you consent to receiving newsletters from Mountain Warehouse. You can unsubscribe at any time.
12. All entry submissions will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
13. By participating in this contest, contestants agree, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, that Mountain Warehouse, Geocaching, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assignees and licensees of each of the foregoing, all other companies involved in the development or operation of the contest, all other companies involved in the provision of any prize, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and the directors, officers, employees and agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (individually and collectively, the “Releasees”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by contestants from and against any and all claims, causes of action, liability, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including as the result of or relating to (i) any personal injury, death, or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person (including without limitation in connection with finding or seeking to find a Mountain Warehouse animal trackable), (ii) any allegation of violation of any infringement of copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secrets, moral rights or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (iii) any allegation of violation of rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light or other violation of any other personal or proprietary right, or (iv) any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the contest, the provision, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in the contest, the use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or the Geocaching website, or any use of the entrant’s personality rights, prize information, or image(s) (or any part thereof) as permitted pursuant to these Terms & Conditions. Each contestant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Releasees. Each entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the contest (including without limitation in connection with finding or seeking to find a Mountain Warehouse animal trackable), the provision, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, or the use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or the Geocaching website.
14. The promoter of this competition is Mountain Warehouse, 5 Eccleston Street, London SW1W 9LX. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. This contest is not in any way sponsored or administered by Geocaching.