What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer and place in your browser when you visit them; typically, they contain a mix of numbers and letters and are widely used to make websites work or work more efficiently. They enable a website to remember a user, identify when that user returns and track their behaviour. They cannot harm your computer and are not used to collect any financial information.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this function by changing your browser settings at any time. For more information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
What are Cookies used for?
- Essential / Functional Cookies
These cookies (first-party cookies) allow you to use the basic functionality to browse or shop our website. This includes browsing products, adding items to your bag, allowing us to remember what items you’ve added to your bag and ordering items. Without these cookies, you will be unable to use the Mountain Warehouse website.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies (session cookies) allow us to review how you use our website so that we can measure and improve performance and the experience offered. Their usage can be restricted but the site may not perform or look as expected.
- Advertising and Targeting Cookies
These cookies (third-party cookies) allow us to track visitors’ interest in our products, to understand what most appeals to customers to ensure we make our offers as appropriate as possible and to personalise our advertising efforts, so that they relate to your interests and shopping history within the site and beyond.
The cookies we use
The cookies we use can be classified into the following categories:
- First-Party Cookies: these are issued from the website you have accessed. These cookies often serve to give memory to the website about your data and preferences.
- Session Cookies: – these are used for the duration of your browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse around our website. These session cookies will expire after a browser session.
- Persistent Cookies: these are stored on a device in between browser sessions which allows your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users' preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.